Thursday, July 24, 2014

Slow summer... Going fast.


It's been a bit of a slow summer artistically for me. After the mad rush of the Spring I've been sort of taking it easy and not trying to get much done. I wish I could say I've been drawing every day, but I haven't. I wish I could say I have made some amazing art that I truly love, but I haven't. It's been slow and syrupy and sticky sort of work lately... Nothing seems to be just sliding off my pen easily the past few weeks. 

Meanwhile, summer is speeding by with swimming lessons to take kids to, a vacation in Maine to plan, and a weekend away closer to home to get ready for. Plus the usual summer busy-ness... Gardens to take care of, fruit and vegetables to harvest, and kid to get through baths and showers after countless outings to the beach. Maybe the reason that I am not drawing much is that even though summer is supposed to be long and lazy, when you are a work at home mom to three young kids, life is never really slow and lazy, no matter how much I might wish it could be. Life is full, and there is not a lot of spare time right now to make a lot of art. 

In spite of all that I have made a bit of art lately for Sketchbook Skool. It's the second semester and so far I have been most inspired by the second week of it when we had to draw self portraits. It turned out to be more fun than I remembered. I haven't made any self portraits in about 5 years. So, here are a few of those, the ones that I liked anyway. 










No comments:

Post a Comment