Wednesday, April 9, 2014


I have a hard time getting into a habit of making art every day after so long not making art... and while this Sketchbook Skool thing that I joined is a good reason to make art every day, it's also sucking a fair amount of my time into keeping up with the class on Facebook and the Ruzuku platform that the class was launched on.  The class is very large, and there are many many beginners which makes me feel like I need to offer support and encouragement a lot because the teacher is clearly overwhelmed by it or doesn't think it's needed... it's keeping me from actually drawing, which is why I began and that is a struggle for me because deep down I love helping people and teaching and being a part of a group, but I am not being paid to be that help and I would rather be drawing... I just find it hard to just sit back and ignore it when people are crying out for help.

These are the drawings I did on Monday... some Riess enamelware milk pots that are living on a shelf in my kitchen... except when they are on the stove full of hot chocolate or a poaching egg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment