Saturday, April 12, 2014




I often go through my sketch books out of order.  I don't know why I have the urge to start something on one half of the double page or the other some days, but I often will draw something on the right side of the page and then go back and fill in the left, as I did here.  I did the drawing of  the hydrant, and then the next day added my bike on the left hand page because I felt like the green of the bike would be a good thing next to the green of the hydrant top.  I like the way the whole layout turned out and this week of assignments to do directly in ink with no pencil drawing first has been interested and both freeing and scary at the same time.  I like to lay out a very sketchy sketch with pencil usually before starting in with ink and not doing that obviously made for somewhat wonky and crazy lines in places, but I rolled with it and I am relatively happy with the outcome on most of my drawings this past week. 

This week we begin with drawing in public and drawing in colored pencil as our homework for Sketchbook Skool.... that's so much more relaxing to me than drawing directly in ink... this week should be a breeze! I started by getting out my colored pencils and drawing my teapot just because I like the color and the reflected light on it. Ahhh colored pencil, a little watercolor for the background, and an ink border... now that's something I can relax with!


Now I just need to figure out what to draw in the rest of the page....

No comments:

Post a Comment